Thursday 23 April 2009

Article 47 update

  • Check out the latest Article 47 updates and a short video clip of UKIP leader Nigel Farage arguing the case for UK sea anglers right here. I am not a political animal by nature, but I can vouch for the fact that Nigel is a passionate fisherman, the same as you and I - we have spent a few days over the years out at sea, indeed the whole Farage family are fishing nuts. See my original post and thoughts on Article 47 here. Burying your head in the sand and hoping that this kind of thing goes away ain't going to do any good at all........
  • Some more black and white shots - not sure it makes much sense when the weather is as stunning as it currently is, but what the heck. Live dangerously eh ? The photo above is one of my all time favourite photos that I have ever shot of a bass, but even in colour it does not make complete sense until you see it blown up to full size. I have done a black and white conversion above, but I am not completely sure it works. I have always reckoned that a portrait-style crop of this photo (see below) would work really well as a front cover of a magazine, but so far it has not been used in this way. Perhaps the fact that it is an eye and not an immediately obvious "look at me, I'm a fish" kind of photo has been the reason why. Frustrating, but that's the way it goes in the fishing world from time to time.

  • A lot of bass fishing lends itself naturally to being photographed - especially in wide open places with big, imposing skies. Give me a complete lack of other people around and I am an even happier person. They are a very visually appealing fish to be around, especially when we are using lure and light bottom fishing tactics, rather than the more traditional "stick two heavy rods in a tripod and watch for a bite" fishing. All is good stuff, but I know what I would rather photograph out of choice. Not a hard guess !!

No comments: