Friday 20 February 2009

Yes, I am a grown-up

  • At least that is what I keep telling myself. I am now nearer 40 than 30, I have a wife and two children, I am self-employed, I pay my taxes (wish I didn't have to though), and I read The Times and Terrorizer magazine at the weekend. But I am still a fishing junkie at heart, and there ain't anything that will ever change that....

  • I am out in France, in my featureless, bland hotel room, slowly going up the wall. Bouncing off the ceiling in fact. Woke up at silly o'clock this morning thinking about all the shiny lures, (red) rods and assorted bits and pieces that I am going to see at this Nantes fishing show today. Remember, this is a work trip for me, but there is no harm in loving your job. I have already written a fishing feature on my laptop this morning, done my emails, listened to loads of proper metal on my iPOD (that will never change either), drunk far too much coffee, and still it is not even time for breakfast. I have been fishing since I was seven years old, and still I can get so excited by it all that I can't sleep properly. Who needs drugs when you've got fishing ? And this is just a fishing show - it's not even going fishing. Do I have a problem ? Mmmmmmm.........no comment.

  • When I can I will report back on this blog with my thoughts on the show. It should be a real eye-opener and I can't wait for it to start. I have so much to learn and absorb, and it is this which has got me so buzzed-up (ok, plus the rods, reels, lures, boats etc.) I've been up for hours now and I need to calm myself down a bit. Some more coffee I think.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Posted at 5:45 Henry - blimey!!!! Maybe dreaming about fishing rather than waking up thinking about it is the answer :)

Read your Sea Angler article last night - gotta get some more lure fishing done this year.

Can you tell I'm at work bored out of my skull wanting to be fishing - hmmmmmmm - maybe I should drink less coffee as well :)

Stu
Sea Fishing and Walking in the UK