Friday 18 July 2008

Does bass fishing get any better ?

Canon 1D MK111, 70-200mm f4L IS lens (at 200mm), ISO 400, f8, 1/800th

  • I have a spare couple of hours before we head back out fishing - time for a quick post to keep you updated on the insane bassing out here. This morning was firing big time, I reckon around 20 bass were landed, mainly on lures, both surface and sub-surface. The Jersey guys I reckon have got a proper feel now for how good this corner of Ireland can be for the shore fishing. Conditions look perfect, so we are heading back out there tonight to see if we can nail a monster. Fish to just over 6lbs were landed this morning, everything went back safely. I got few photos, but the light was pretty naff to be honest, and I could not do much more than keep tight. Give me some big blue skies and I can work on making this place look as good as I know it can - but at least the fishing is going off big time. I need to move over here to live !!

  • Above are two of the Jersey guys - Mick and Bob, wading out and casting lures to the fish. What the photo does not show is the ripping tide that will knock you over if you are not careful - and don't the fish go in that tide !! I had better get the gear together again and head back out. What a place. If we had not been out there fishing today, there would have been nobody else there............

Canon 1D MK111, 70-200mm f4L IS lens (at 185mm), f8, 1/320th

Canon 1D MK111, 70-200mm f4L IS lens (at 120mm), ISO 400, f8, 1/640th

Canon 1D MK111, 70-200 f4L IS lens (at 90mm), ISO 400, f8, 1/320th

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mick & Bob could be twins if it weren't for the hats